The Vietnam War Summit will be held at the LBJ Presidential Library located on The University of Texas at Austin campus at 2313 Red River St. [map]
The library is located off Interstate 35. Directions from IH-35:
- From north-bound IH-35, just past the 15th Street exit, move to either of the left two lanes to take the lower deck.
- From south-bound IH-35, just past the 51st Street exit, move to either of the left two lanes to take the lower deck.
- Take the Manor Road Exit (exit 235B).
- Go west on Manor Road towards The University of Texas at Austin campus.
- At the first light, Red River Street, turn right (north).
- At the bottom of the hill, turn left into the LBJ Visitors' parking lot (#38). The entrance is flanked by banners for the library. Parking in adjacent UT-permit-only parking lots may result in fines.
- The LBJ Library is located on the other side of Sid Richardson Hall, which houses the LBJ School of Public Affairs; walk through the open breezeway to reach the LBJ Plaza and the Library.
Note: The LBJ Auditorium is located on the lower level of the LBJ complex. Access to the auditorium will be through the lobby of the LBJ School of Public Affairs.
Public parking will be on a limited availability, first come, first served basis in the Manor Garage, located at 2017 Robert Dedman Dr., for a fee of $3 per hour to a daily maximum of $18.
For those with a summit parking placard, parking will be on a limited availability, first come, first served basis in lots #37 and 39 located on Red River Street between Dean Keeton and Clyde Littlefield Drive at no charge. Please be ready to present the parking placard to the parking attendants on duty as you enter the parking lot. Overflow parking will be available in the Manor Garage, located at 2017 Robert Dedman Dr., at no charge with your summit parking placard.
For those needing ADA parking, please utilize the signed ADA parking spaces in lots #37, 38, and 39 located on Red River Street between Dean Keeton and Clyde Littlefield Drive. You will not need a summit parking placard for entry into these lots, but you will need either a state issued handicapped placard or a handicapped license plate. These ADA spaces will be limited and on a first come, first served basis as well.
We anticipate traffic in and out of our parking lots and the UT parking garages. If possible, we encourage you to consider public transportation and/or ride sharing.
Not attending the summit, but visiting The Wall That Heals or the LBJ Library? Free parking will be available in the LBJ Library visitors' lot (#38). No parking placard is needed.